4 (1-inch) thick steaks, patted dry
3 tablespoons peppercorn blend
2 tablespoons salt
4 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup butter, softened
½ Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp grated lemon zest
1. Heat oven to 350*F. Crack peppercorns; leave a little coarse (see page 13). Mix salt and peppercorns.
2. Brush steaks with olive oil (just enough to coat each side) and press the seasoning into both sides of the steaks. Be sure there is enough seasoning used to coat the outside of the steaks; add more if necessary. Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes, up to 30 minutes.
3. Heat olive oil in pan until hot and add steaks. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until a brown crust forms on each side.
4. Immediately transfer steaks to 350 degree oven and finish cooking to desired doneness. Allow steak to rest 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with a scoop of rosemary butter atop each steak.
1. Mix together all ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Tips from the Chef:
Serve with garlic mashed potatoes or French fries.
Degrees of Doneness: 125* F = rare, 130*F = medium rare, 140*F = medium, and 150*F = medium well.